This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- From: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- To: "Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr)" <bseshadr at cisco dot com>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "ccoutant at gmail dot com" <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 14:55:29 +0530
- Subject: Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi Doug /Sriram.
Any inputs/suggestions here ,will be appreciated .
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr)
> This patch implements the BE8 support for ARM in the gold linker. It has been tested on a non-trivial large program (size ~120MB).
> Thanks to Cary Coutant for his initial review.
> 2016-07-07 Bharathi Seshadri <email@example.com>
> * options.h (General_options): Add --be8 option.
> * arm.cc (Arm_relobj::do_relocate_sections): Add code to swap for be8.
> (Output_data_plt_arm_standard::do_fill_first_plt_entry): Likewise.
> (Output_data_plt_arm_short::do_fill_plt_entry): Likewise.
> (Output_data_plt_arm_long::do_fill_plt_entry): Likewise.
> (Target_arm::do_adjust_elf_header): Do EF_ARM_BE8 adjustment.