This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MIPS objcopy --rename-section fix
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:12:24 +0930
- Subject: Re: MIPS objcopy --rename-section fix
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160624141235.GG20200@bubble.grove.modra.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:32:00PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2016, Alan Modra wrote:
> > (What caught my eye was the "tx39-*-*" target string, which is no
> > longer correct, and a bunch of
> What is wrong with `tx39-*-*' specifically? I've had `tx39-elf' included
> in my routine testing and I haven't seen any issues beyond those common to
> all MIPS/ELF targets using IRIX-style ELF structures.
tx39 is no longer the canonical machine name. It's fine to use
"tx39-elf" when configuring, but internally we now use mipstx39.
Australia Development Lab, IBM