Re: ARM mapping symbols and --strip-unneeded

Hi Thomas,

> Since your commit fca2a38fdb391f810e309a12d5279047d4edac34 the binutils test
> "strip without global symbol" started to fail for arm-none-eabi targets.

Sorry about that.  I had tested the patch, but only an isolated binutils build.
This particular test needs an ARM compiler to be present, which was why I did
not detect the problem before.

I have checked in a simple fix that marks the test as an expected failure for
the ARM and AArch64 toolchains.  The issue is that the test expects all global
symbols to be stripped from an object file, but the patch ensures that mapping
symbols remain, thus invalidating the test.

binutils/ChangeLog
2016-07-01  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* testsuite/binutils-all/objcopy.exp
	(objcopy_test_without_global_symbol): Expect this test to fail on
	the AArch64 and ARM targets, since they preserve their mapping
	symbols.