This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gas/arc: Allow --with-cpu configure option to change default cpu
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:58:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gas/arc: Allow --with-cpu configure option to change default cpu
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465319268-8131-1-git-send-email-andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <ba497073-2aa9-db20-e764-5d184138d171 at redhat dot com> <20160627184732 dot GA8823 at embecosm dot com> <966bd275-64bd-3e34-76d4-681a5bf79266 at redhat dot com> <20160629112051 dot GE8823 at embecosm dot com> <5f6a6c54-5d9b-951e-8b4a-605f91301c51 at redhat dot com> <20160629222926 dot GG8823 at embecosm dot com> <b64f6cb2-2693-974e-be20-f16f9bd8e3aa at redhat dot com>
* Nick Clifton <email@example.com> [2016-06-30 11:16:36 +0100]:
> Hi Andrew,
> >> 4. Optional: There is no error checking of with --with-cpu value. So I can
> > I did think about this, and GCC does do similar checking, but as you
> > predict the list in GCC is out of date. Given that an incorrect
> > default should be spotted fairly quickly I figured that not checking
> > at configure time would be best.
> > Here's a new version of the patch, without item #4. Let me know what
> > you think.
> Approved and applied (to save you time, since we are so close to the branch window).