This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 05:48:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606101608530 dot 10382 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606172327350 dot 7182 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <24C7E57C-95F7-443C-B4A9-7E018D9776A8 at adacore dot com>
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> >> I have a couple MIPS bug fixes/clean-ups and one feature outstanding I
> >> have been working on over the last month or so. I just need to complete
> >> test suite coverage. This is 2.27 stuff only. ETA mid next week.
> > I've got swamped with some corner-case bugs revealed by the new test
> > cases and will need a couple days more to push the changes outstanding.
> > New ETA is Mon-Tue next week. Apologies for the delay.
> Ok, thank you for the update.
I'm done with the changes now. Test cases written for two branch
handling improvements I intended to push have revealed a number of corner
case problems which started to mount, so I decided the changes are too
intrusive for inclusion so late in the development cycle and I will
instead apply them on master once 2.27 has branched only. Unfortunately
the resulting reordering of patches required rebasing which together with
investigating the problems with the postponed changes has led to a slip.
> > Also I'd like to backport commit 22522f880a8e ("MIPS/GAS: Fix an ISA
> > override not lifting ABI restrictions"), which fixes a 2.25 regression
> > that caused Linux kernel build failures and which upset many people. OK
> > for this change?
> Backport is ok for 2.26 (you can also backport to 2.25, but there won't be
> any new release on that branch).
Regression-tested and backported to both branches now (in case someone
wants to package their software from 2.25; I'll let the Linux kernel