This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] AArch64: Avoid creating ".got" and ".got.plt" sections if they are not needed.
- From: Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Igor Kudrin <ikudrin at accesssoftek dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:13:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] AArch64: Avoid creating ".got" and ".got.plt" sections if they are not needed.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1466787306106 dot 48166 at accesssoftek dot com> <CAJimCsFoQQNtER86xPvGSotF0am4FizfxXKPB3abut0_ygdgbg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hi Cary and Igor, this is ok with me. Thanks!
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On AArch64, if there were relocations against local symbols, gold created
>> ".got" and ".got.plt" sections event if they were not required.
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Kudrin
>> * aarch64.cc (Target_aarch64::Scan::local): Move the call to got_section
>> from the top level to the places of its use.
> This is OK if it's OK with Han.
> Han, can you take a look?
Han Shen | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-650-440-3330