This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ARM mapping symbols and --strip-unneeded
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Weiser <michael at weiser dot dinsnail dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:24:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: ARM mapping symbols and --strip-unneeded
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160626221336 dot GB1916 at weiser dot dinsnail dot net> <e7fff803-6244-4782-2768-6b301387aed8 at redhat dot com> <20160627130931 dot GA4619 at weiser dot dinsnail dot net>
> The patch works fine. Thank you! But as you said, it applies to all
> files, also leaving the mapping symbols in shared libraries and
> executables, making them larger. When I add
> && ((abfd->flags & (EXEC_P | DYNAMIC)) == 0)
> to the selector, symbols are retained in the object files but stripped
> from executables and shared libraries. Is that the correct way to go
> about it?
Yes - that is a good idea. Sorry for missing it in the first place.
> If so, I'd go ahead and open a bug with the extended patch as
> you suggested.