This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] arc: prototype arc_get_mach in opcodes/arc.h
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at tbsaunde dot org>
- Cc: tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:20:48 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] arc: prototype arc_get_mach in opcodes/arc.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1466936519-27678-1-git-send-email-tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org> <20160627015221 dot GC29913 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20160627091926 dot GA18510 at ball>
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 05:20:01AM -0400, Trevor Saunders wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 11:22:21AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > There are also mechanisms to put prototypes into libfd.h (see
> > INTERNAL_DEFINITION) or more appropriately in this case for a public
> > function, bfd.h (FUNCTION/SYNOPSIS). I'm not a big fan of this scheme
> > but if you wanted to use it to declare arc_get_mach rather than using
> > a new header that would be OK too. Same goes for the dlx patch.
> that's the doc/chew.c and doc/*.str stuff? lovely I think it'll be
> easier to just add a new header
Yeah. To use it in this case you'd also need to modify
doc/Makefile.am, so definitely easier to just add a new header.
Australia Development Lab, IBM