This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:05:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <b05a9bd1-9508-8401-67b5-c00a0b943b99 at vnet dot ibm dot com> <20160622144909 dot GL24532 at vapier dot lan>
> On 22 Jun 2016, at 16:49, Mike Frysinger <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 22 Jun 2016 09:26, Peter Bergner wrote:
>> On 6/10/16 10:02 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>>> I'd like to create the 2.27 branch soon, and also to build the 2.26.1 release.
>>> If you have any pending patch you'd like to have in one of these releases, please speak quickly!
>> Our hardware people just contacted me this morning about a few new
>> instructions being added to ISA 3.0 (ie, POWER9). I'd like to add
>> those to trunk to make 2.27. I can have them committed today if
>> that's alright with you.
> wasn't the idea of doing two releases a year specifically to avoid
> this last minute kind of rush ?
Yes, that was the idea.
For this specific patch, Peter's patch was very focused and committed
quickly enough so blocking didn't occur.