This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 20:41:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrExdme4V=oPPFV9_oMm-V69CS_y_=BBNUGrdkTy0evQQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160623005041 dot GC20200 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 02:36:09PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> We should correct sonames:
> What exactly is wrong with sonames? If you build with
> development=true you get the date included in the soname, if not, you
> don't. That seems good to me.
It is fine for master, but not for release branch. On 2.26 branch, I got
libbfd-18.104.22.16860614.so libbfd.so libopcodes.la
libbfd.a libopcodes-22.214.171.12460614.so libopcodes.so
On release branch, we should change soname only when ABI is changed.