This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 07:30:32 +0930
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <b05a9bd1-9508-8401-67b5-c00a0b943b99 at vnet dot ibm dot com> <20160622144909 dot GL24532 at vapier dot lan>
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:49:09AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 22 Jun 2016 09:26, Peter Bergner wrote:
> > On 6/10/16 10:02 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> > > I'd like to create the 2.27 branch soon, and also to build the 2.26.1 release.
> > > If you have any pending patch you'd like to have in one of these releases, please speak quickly!
> > Our hardware people just contacted me this morning about a few new
> > instructions being added to ISA 3.0 (ie, POWER9). I'd like to add
> > those to trunk to make 2.27. I can have them committed today if
> > that's alright with you.
> wasn't the idea of doing two releases a year specifically to avoid
> this last minute kind of rush ? is this hardware going to be coming
> out in the next 6 months such that everyone will have access to it ?
Let's see the patch before you reject it out of hand.
Australia Development Lab, IBM