This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:43:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <b05a9bd1-9508-8401-67b5-c00a0b943b99 at vnet dot ibm dot com> <20160622144909 dot GL24532 at vapier dot lan> <5ab6e3e4-4eaf-9532-9e70-efee37d171cb at vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 6/22/16 10:33 AM, Peter Bergner wrote:
We're trying to catch a distro freeze that will use 2.27 and 2.27
already has support for ISA 3.0...minus these few instructions.
We'd like for the assembler if it supports ISA 3.0, to support all
ISA 3.0 instructions. Some of these new instructions are also
insns userland programs would/will use.
Sorry to reply to my own message, but one of the new changes is
to change the secondary opcode for one of the ISA 3.0 instructions
that was added earlier. I think this has to be fixed, otherwise
we'll misassemble the instruction with older assemblers.