This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:57:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOoHKGG7TK_STc6dPkMEE2TFyd=nRtMBXht68ojydq0R-g at mail dot gmail dot com>
>> I'd like to create the 2.27 branch soon, and also to build the 2.26.1 release.
>> If you have any pending patch you'd like to have in one of these releases, please speak quickly!
> I propose to turn on "-z relro" by default if supported.
Isn't it kind of late to be considering this for 2.27?
And doesn't GCC already pass -z relro by default anyway where it's supported?