This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:28:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606101608530 dot 10382 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606172327350 dot 7182 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
> On 18 Jun 2016, at 00:43, Maciej W. Rozycki <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
>> I have a couple MIPS bug fixes/clean-ups and one feature outstanding I
>> have been working on over the last month or so. I just need to complete
>> test suite coverage. This is 2.27 stuff only. ETA mid next week.
> I've got swamped with some corner-case bugs revealed by the new test
> cases and will need a couple days more to push the changes outstanding.
> New ETA is Mon-Tue next week. Apologies for the delay.
Ok, thank you for the update.
> Also I'd like to backport commit 22522f880a8e ("MIPS/GAS: Fix an ISA
> override not lifting ABI restrictions"), which fixes a 2.25 regression
> that caused Linux kernel build failures and which upset many people. OK
> for this change?
Backport is ok for 2.26 (you can also backport to 2.25, but there won't be
any new release on that branch).