This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 2/4] [ARC] Make NPS-400 an insn subclass instead of CPU
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Graham Markall <graham dot markall at embecosm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:22:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] [ARC] Make NPS-400 an insn subclass instead of CPU
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1466085017 dot git dot graham dot markall at embecosm dot com> <8e6148f14c033e996150fcab32bfd9b2b79fa4c3 dot 1466085017 dot git dot graham dot markall at embecosm dot com>
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-0.d: Use -mcpu=arc700 -mnps400. Change
> expected flags to match ARC700 instead of NPS400.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-1.d: User -mcpu=arc700 -mnps400.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-2.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-3.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-4.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-5.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-6.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/nps-400-7.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/textinsn2op01.s: Change opcode of myinsn to avoid
> clash with cbba instruction.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/textinsn2op01.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/textinsn3op.d: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/arc/textinsn3op.s: Likewise.
> * arc-dis.c (arc_insn_length): Add comment on instruction length.
> * arc-dis.c (arc_insn_length): Use same method for determining
> instruction length on ARC700 and NPS-400.
> * arc-nps400-tbl.h: Make all nps400 instructions ARC700 instructions
> with the NPS400 subclass.
> * arc-opc.c: Likewise.
Approved - please apply (presumably after patch 1 is approved and applied) but...
> + case bfd_mach_arc_arc700:
> + /* The nps400 extension set requires this special casing of the
> + instruction length calculation. Right now this is not causing any
> + problems as non of the known extensions overlap in opcode space,