This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, binutils/ARM] Fix feature checks based on arch value and force review of logic for new arch
- From: Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: mickael guene <mickael dot guene at st dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, binutils/ARM] Fix feature checks based on arch value and force review of logic for new arch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1877488 dot cBokx9mdiu at e108577-lin> <5375498 dot xPo8MUnC0p at e108577-lin> <576116F9 dot 6010801 at st dot com>
On Wednesday 15 June 2016 10:51:05 mickael guene wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> I have some regressions with your patch for a toolset configured for
> armv6s-m architecture.
> I have now veneers generated whereas previously they were not
> This is due to the fact that using_thumb2() returns now 0 and
> so triggers generation of veneers for branch offset between
> THM_MAX_FWD_BRANCH_OFFSET and THM2_MAX_FWD_BRANCH_OFFSET.
> These veneers are useless for armv6s-m architecture since
> it has support for 32-bit BL.
Sorry I don't follow you. The 32-bit BL takes an offset whose biggest value is
THM_MAX_FWD_BRANCH_OFFSET so if the offset is bigger than that you need a
veneer to reach the target address. Could you provide an example that changed
between before and after the patch?