This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 3/8] Initialize 'ra' to zero to avoid uninitialized use.
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd dot org>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 12:04:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/8] Initialize 'ra' to zero to avoid uninitialized use.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465678115-58170-1-git-send-email-jhb at FreeBSD dot org> <1465678115-58170-4-git-send-email-jhb at FreeBSD dot org>
On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM, John Baldwin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> If the instruction in this case does not include an RA field, then 'ra'
> is used uninitialized. Use the same idiom used elsewhere in this file of
> initializing ra to zero before check for an RA field.
> * rs6000-tdep.c (ppc_process_record_op31): Initialize ra.
Patch is good to me.