This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[PATCH 0/8] Fix various warnings from clang 3.8.0
- From: John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD dot org>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:48:27 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Fix various warnings from clang 3.8.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
clang triggers a few warnings on binutils and gdb, but I've tried
to only submit patches for ones that I think are actual bugs (though
in some cases I believe the bugs are harmless in practice).
There might be better ways to address some of these warnings. Two
that I can think of are:
- gdb/score-dep.c might choose to use a 'pc < start' check in the
caller of the patched function and throw an error for that case
(if it can occurr).
- gdb/sh64-tdep.c could explicitly set 'uses_fp' in the cases that
it stores a value in the FP register rather than using a check
at the end of the function.
John Baldwin (8):
Use correct enum type for do_elf_stt_common.
Change the size field of MSP430_Opcode_Decoded to a plain integer.
Initialize 'ra' to zero to avoid uninitialized use.
Remove check for negative size.
Detect a frameless frame by comparing the FP register to -1.
Pass a NULL pointer as the last argument to find_pc_partial_function.
Remove unneeded checks on type lengths.
Use unsigned integer constant with left shifts.
binutils/ChangeLog | 4 ++++
binutils/objcopy.c | 2 +-
gdb/ChangeLog | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
gdb/ada-lang.c | 4 ++--
gdb/rs6000-tdep.c | 1 +
gdb/score-tdep.c | 8 +-------
gdb/sh64-tdep.c | 2 +-
gdb/tui/tui-stack.c | 2 +-
gdb/v850-tdep.c | 2 +-
include/ChangeLog | 5 +++++
include/opcode/msp430-decode.h | 9 +--------
11 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)