This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] Mips: Add support for MIPS R6.
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Vladimir Radosavljevic <Vladimir dot Radosavljevic at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Petar Jovanovic <Petar dot Jovanovic at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 12:27:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] Mips: Add support for MIPS R6.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3060420525346945A0ADBD567348A917237414FD at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <CAJimCsGKKMR7nv7osgJ+Rpwp11teLg1hiRY-0xis+FY65kadGQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <3060420525346945A0ADBD567348A91723741B5F at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
>> Did you have updated versions of the other two patches to send me, or
>> should I just apply the originals with my suggested changes?
> I have sent updated versions of these two patches.
Ah, yes, you did. Sorry, I was looking in the older thread, and didn't
notice the new thread with the change of subject [insert obligatory
gmail threading complaint]. I'll apply those today.
>> (Several places) More info would be useful in these error messages:
>> object file, section name, offset.
> Those information will be produced by code at the end of the
> Target_mips::Relocate::relocate method (case for STATUS_BAD_RELOC).
But you'll still print two separate error messages, one that just says
just "PC-relative load from unaligned address", and a second with
details that says "relocation cannot be applied". How about simply
returning a new STATUS_PCREL_UNALIGNED code, then print a single error
message at the end of relocate::relocate() that's more to the point?
You can save STATUS_BAD_RELOC for the generic "unexpected opcode while