This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Treat STV_HIDDEN and STV_INTERNAL symbols as STB_LOCAL
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 15:37:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Treat STV_HIDDEN and STV_INTERNAL symbols as STB_LOCAL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1605070212010 dot 6794 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20160522041449 dot GH26300 at vapier dot lan> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1605270007210 dot 9344 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Fri, 27 May 2016, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> > your basic premise sounds fine as does your reading of the spec.
> > i glanced at the places you're adding checks and they look OK to
> > me, but i'm not super familiar with all the ldso/libdl paths.
> Thank you for your review.
> Does anyone have anything to add or have we reached a consensus?
You were kind enough to review the first version of the patch -- may I
ask you to chime in and say if you are happy with the way I addressed your
For your convenience here is a link to an archived copy of this change: