This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ar thin archive format
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Tamar Christina <tamar at zhox dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 07:42:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: ar thin archive format
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1551aa2ef08 dot e296fd9474543 dot 8315016555560162196 at zhox dot com>
On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Tamar Christina <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to find information on the format of thin archives but can't seem to find anything and
> Objdump doesn't recognize the format.
> Does someone know If this exists or where I should look in the code for the=
A thin archive looks exactly look a normal archive, except that the
magic string is different (it's !<thin>\n) and the file contents are
omitted. The idea is that you look at the archive header to find the
file name (probably an extended name, of course) and then read the
file in the file system.
Cary introduced them in