This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Dwarf-Discuss] doubt parsing CIE in eh_frame
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: David Anderson <davea42 at linuxmail dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 11:36:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Dwarf-Discuss] doubt parsing CIE in eh_frame
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALCBA_HPzpDraJj7QAT7tRrOohY7Jj5qRwri4t32otkLNUX7qw at mail dot gmail dot com> <57439369 dot 3090200 at linuxmail dot org> <CALCBA_Go7AdHg=urPocHuhCo9xinCK6dBUjfHVXaPxhGqoR0jg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160524080747 dot GC28550 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <5744789E dot 4050900 at linuxmail dot org> <bc7ece95-0bfc-2d78-91cd-6929773ea53a at redhat dot com> <574F2867 dot 4070900 at linuxmail dot org>
> But I am puzzled about what to think when there
> is no CFA set at all. It would seem to me that in such a case the
> consequence is
> defined by the ABI (or left to the agent walking the stack
> to figure something out). I don't think it is readelf's job to
> explain that and I don't think
> your proposed output above clarifies anything.
Fair enough - I will leave the patch as it is and check it in along
with this changelog entry.
2016-06-02 Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
* dwarf.c (display_debug_frames): Do not display any
interpretation if the block consists solely of DW__CFA_NOPs.