This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: bfd/elf32-arm.c build breakage
- From: Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 11:16:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: bfd/elf32-arm.c build breakage
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1604300408480 dot 21846 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <2135266 dot ULGK6hFi8o at e108577-lin>
On Monday 16 May 2016 11:10:39 Thomas Preudhomme wrote:
> On Saturday 30 April 2016 19:50:15 Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> Hi Maciej,
> > Your commit:
> > commit 15dd01b1209ec92b361dd2547708dd17ffc2a786
> > Author: Thomas Preud'homme <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Date: Wed Apr 6 09:26:42 2016 +0100
> > broke bfd/elf32-arm.c builds:
> > .../bfd/elf32-arm.c: In function 'elf32_arm_size_stubs':
> > .../bfd/elf32-arm.c:5228: error: 'symtab_hdr' may be used uninitialized in
> > this function .../bfd/elf32-arm.c:5230: error: 'local_syms' may be used
> > uninitialized in this function make: *** [elf32-arm.lo] Error 1
> > because you're jumping to a middle of the block from the outside. Can you
> > please fix this up?
> Sorry, I just noticed this email now. I have a fix for this but I'm enable
> to reproduce the error so I cannot check if it works. How did you configure
> binutils and what is your host compiler?
Ok, I finally managed to reproduce. I needed to build with -O3. The patch fixes
the warning. Let me do a bit more tests and then I'll submit it.