This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed] SH64/GAS: Fix a -Wwrite-strings build failure
- From: Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at tbsaunde dot org>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:53:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: [committed] SH64/GAS: Fix a -Wwrite-strings build failure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1605152121361 dot 6794 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 11:30:19PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Fix a commit 6757cf57697d ("enable -Wwrite-strings for gas") regression.
> * config/tc-sh64.c (shmedia_check_limits): Constify `msg'.
> Applied as obvious.
> Trevor, would you please run wide testing when making changes like your
> offending commit, which affect many targets? While I do appreciate your
> janitorial work introducing build failures breaks bisection and generic
> testing run by other people, so I will appreciate your work even more if
> you try and keep things working.
As I said when sending that patch I tested it built for all targets, and
I've successfully built sh64-elf and sh64-linux several times since.
However that error only occurs with --disable-nls which I didn't even
really remember exists or expect would have any effect.