This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM][gas] Fix warnings about uninitialised uses and unused const variables
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 13:29:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM][gas] Fix warnings about uninitialised uses and unused const variables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5723720E dot 6050508 at foss dot arm dot com>
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Kyrill Tkachov
> Hi all,
> I recently upgraded my host compiler to GCC 6.1.0 and while trying to build
> cross toolchain for arm-none-eabi I've encountered some -Werror errors in
> This patch fixes them.
> Some static const variables that are unused are marked with
> In parse_neon_el_struct_list GCC complains that firsttype.index may be used
> uninitialized in an inlined neon_alias_types_same call.
> This patch initialises the fields firsttype to prevent that.
> With this patch the gas build succeeds for me.
> Tested with make check-gas for arm-none-eabi.
> Ok to commit?
Ok - sorry about the delay.
> 2016-04-29 Kyrylo Tkachov <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-arm.c (fpu_arch_vfp_v1): Mark with ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED.
> (fpu_arch_vfp_v3): Likewise.
> (fpu_arch_neon_v1): Likewise.
> (arm_arch_full): Likewise.
> (parse_neon_el_struct_list): Initialize fields of firsttype.