This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch, testsuite] Use Alternative version of lns-common-1 test for AVR port
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Sivanupandi, Pitchumani" <Pitchumani dot Sivanupandi at atmel dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 11:00:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch, testsuite] Use Alternative version of lns-common-1 test for AVR port
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAC140656783604CABA6AE60C2A6D5A4CA3F2CE4 at penmbx01>
> AVR target doesn't disable/ undef DWARF2_USE_FIXED_ADVANCE_PC; It generates
> DW_LNS_fixed_advance_pc opcodes for line number information by default. So,
> AVR target shall expect alternate output file for lns-common-1 test (lns.exp).
Technically speaking the AVR target does not need to disable DWARF2_USE_FIXED_ADVANCED_PC
since this is defined by default in dwarf2dbg.c. The definition there uses the
value of the linkrelax global variable, and this *is* set in tc-avr.c. The
default however is to disable linkrelax, so your patch is correct - it matches
the default behaviour of the AVR assembler.
> 2016-04-29 Pitchumani Sivanupandi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * testsuite/gas/lns/lns.exp: Add avr to list of targets using
Approved and applied.