This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RFC: section merge test (ld-elf)
- From: "Sivanupandi, Pitchumani" <Pitchumani dot Sivanupandi at atmel dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 11:15:09 +0000
- Subject: RFC: section merge test (ld-elf)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Tests flags1.s and merge.s (ld/testsuite/ld-elf) are XPASS for AVR.
AVR target seems to merge similar sections into single segment. But AVR
target was marked as xfail in these tests.
Test flags1.s expects output (after objcopy) have one program header. But
sections are merged to a segment while linking itself (same for native
as well). Is that expected from this testcase?
Is that testcase intended to check merge of sections after objcopy with