This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed, PATCH] Always create dynsym section with dynamic sections
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Faraz Shahbazker <faraz dot shahbazker at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:11:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: [committed, PATCH] Always create dynsym section with dynamic sections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160223003208 dot GA30022 at intel dot com> <571A59A8 dot 4000700 at imgtec dot com>
On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Faraz Shahbazker
> This is breaking a gc-sections test-case for MIPS. MIPS at least, uses the
> elf_link_hash_table to track symbols even for static executables.
> The renumbering violates assertions about how MIPS expects the table to look.
> We could change the assert conditions, but I think thank since the NULL entry
> originated when the table was initialized, it should exist just
> the same after renumbering. If there is an additional case
> (dynamic_sections_created), it should be OR'd to the pre-existing condition.
You need to find a different way to track it.