This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] add casts to avoid arithmetic on void *
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:38:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add casts to avoid arithmetic on void *
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461214254-29707-1-git-send-email-tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org>
> Unfortunately most of the
> argument types come from virtual function interfaces so changing the
> types to bfd_byte * isn't trivial though it might make the code clearer.
This would certainly be worth looking into at a later date.
> 2016-04-21 Trevor Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * elf32-rx.c (rx_set_section_contents): Avoid arithmetic on void *.
> * mmo.c (mmo_get_section_contents): Likewise.
> (mmo_set_section_contents): Likewise.
Approved - please apply.