This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] Check ELF relocs after opening all all input files
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 05:23:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] Check ELF relocs after opening all all input files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160419134956 dot GA12310 at intel dot com> <57165642 dot 1070808 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrydGcortz2AsujVSQYZCRbSPsi7CFQRnA6ZZiicbUvTA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160419232457 dot GB20119 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOrQ3QqrBmw206e3_F1f3zbnS7+tUGh5MxmUq-Z_EQskYQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 4:47 PM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Now, if you run check_relocs even later, say at
>> ldemul_before_allocation, after gc-sections has run, then all the
>> reference counting code for plt and got relocs can be removed too.
> That is on my to-do list. One step at a time :-). We can start
> with x86 and enable it for other after we have worked out all the issues
ldemul_before_allocation is too late. It should be called before
map_input_to_output_sections. I will check in my current patch
for now and change it to right after gc-sections later.