This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: New ARC linker testsuite failure
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 17:46:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: New ARC linker testsuite failure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87bn5bwaij dot fsf at redhat dot com> <098ECE41A0A6114BB2A07F1EC238DE89661870E3 at de02wembxa dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
* Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu.Zissulescu@synopsys.com> [2016-04-15 09:11:53 +0000]:
> Issue confirmed. The fmul opcode is overlapping with nps400' x*
> opcodes. Andrew needs to make a better filter in the disassembler
> for those cases.
> Andrew please confirm if you will fix this issue, or I need to
> handle it.
I believe the patch below is all that is required to resolve this
issue. OK to apply?
arc: Fix relocation formula for ARC_NPS_CMEM16 relocation
The ME modifier was missing from the relocation formula for the
ARC_NPS_CMEM16 relocation, and as such the relocation would not patch
correctly on little endian targets.
* elf/arc-reloc.def (ARC_NPS_CMEM16): Add ME modifier to formula.
include/ChangeLog | 4 ++++
include/elf/arc-reloc.def | 2 +-
2 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/include/elf/arc-reloc.def b/include/elf/arc-reloc.def
index 10703d2..faa1389 100644
@@ -496,4 +496,4 @@ ARC_RELOC_HOWTO(ARC_NPS_CMEM16, 78, \
- ( S + A ))
+ ( ME ( S + A )))