This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [RFD] How legal is it to delete dynamic tags?
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Anibal Monsalve Salazar" <Anibal dot MonsalveSalazar at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 09:43:57 +0000
- Subject: RE: [RFD] How legal is it to delete dynamic tags?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023537E3D685D at hhmail02 dot hh dot imgtec dot org> <20160415222520 dot GD15088 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Alan Modra <email@example.com> writes:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 03:08:41PM +0000, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> > Firstly, to what extent is it OK to just delete a dynamic tag rather
> > than set it to DT_NULL?
> DT_NULL marks the end of the dynamic tags array. Setting a tag to
> DT_NULL is not an option (except when the following tag is DT_NULL).
> You'll break ld.so if you do that.
Thanks. I had some vague memory that DT_NULL couldn't be used arbitrarily
but couldn't think why.