This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Ping: [PATCH] gas: fix bogus error on .org involving expression
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 08:26:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Ping: [PATCH] gas: fix bogus error on .org involving expression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56D6DCAB02000078000D845A at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <56E99A7F02000078000DD4E5 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com> <20160316234647 dot GA22605 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <56F11C3402000078000DF167 at prv-mh dot provo dot novell dot com>
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Beyond those, however, this also revealed a few other failures:
> 4) MMIX'es pr12815-* tests both fail (they no longer produce the
> expected or any other error). Since I have no idea what exactly
> those tests test, I also have no idea how to deal with this.
You refer to *linker tests* checking for "a meaningful error
message rather than SEGV" from the *linker*. I suspect your
assembler patches affects things it shouldn't, i.e. the it
affects assembler output, not only fixing error cases.