This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] gold: Remove ei_class from mips.cc.
- From: Vladimir Radosavljevic <Vladimir dot Radosavljevic at imgtec dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Petar Jovanovic <Petar dot Jovanovic at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:28:47 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] gold: Remove ei_class from mips.cc.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3060420525346945A0ADBD567348A91723740A85 at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>,<CAJimCsHkcRAe22qjK-+ig2pqC7kon3tRLzJDVn84vvni1ST_cA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> The only places left that use is_n64_ are is_n64() and is_newabi(),
> and is_n64() isn't ever called. You could remove this data member, the
> is_n64() method, and change is_newabi() to check for size == 64.
I've removed is_n64_ from Mips_relobj class in a new version of the patch. Method is_n64() is called from Mips_relobj::do_read_symbols,
and from Relocate::relocate, so I decided to keep it. I've also changed is_newabi() method to call is_n32() and is_n64() methods.