This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [opensuse-mingw] RFH: Strange mingw behaviour
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Martin Koegler <martin dot koegler at chello dot at>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, opensuse-mingw at opensuse dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:50:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [opensuse-mingw] RFH: Strange mingw behaviour
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160307194610 dot GA11986 at mail dot zuhause> <20160309212756 dot GA21220 at mail dot zuhause> <56E17FE9 dot 2070602 at redhat dot com> <20160310214948 dot GA24855 at mail dot zuhause>
> ld still produces executables showing the same error.
> It looks like, ld is removing the .rdata + .rdata$zzz section:
> /tmp/binutils-gdb/inst/usr/local/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld: Removing unused section '.rdata' in file '/tmp/ccmBHoSC.o'
> /tmp/binutils-gdb/inst/usr/local/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld: Removing unused section '.rdata$zzz' in file '/tmp/ccmBHoSC.o'
Is this wrong ? Ie why should these sections be retained ?
Presumably the linker has not found any relocations that point into
these sections, so it deduces that they are not needed and discards