This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: the help about the symbols list by using nm
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Zhangwen (Esan)" <zwzhangwen dot zhang at huawei dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 14:34:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: the help about the symbols list by using nm
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F2AD730AE2E0D74BAEE20D4C1C6D02BD38013739 at SZXEMA502-MBS dot china dot huawei dot com>
> I found that symbols list results are different by using nm tool for binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22.
Can you provide an object file to use as a testcase, so that we can examine this problem ?
> Do not adjust anything in our project, so we don’t know how to deal with nm in binutils-2.24 to keep the same symbol list.
The difference is probably due to a bug fix, but we cannot be sure without a test.
> 3、If added –p, the results are also the same.
Can you add -p to your project, so that the results do stay the same ?