This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
the help about the symbols list by using nm
- From: "Zhangwen (Esan)" <zwzhangwen dot zhang at huawei dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 03:11:26 +0000
- Subject: the help about the symbols list by using nm
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I’m newer. I found that symbols list results are different by using nm tool for binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22. I see some sourcecode difference between binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22, but have no idea of different sorting results for nm.
The scene is as following:
1、The environment variable locale of host machine:
2、If locale is set to POISX, the results are the same between binutils-2.22 and binutils-2.24.
3、If added ?p, the results are also the same.
4、If added ?n/-r/-s etc. or added the command “sort -option”, but the results are still different.
Do not adjust anything in our project, so we don’t know how to deal with nm in binutils-2.24 to keep the same symbol list.
The symbol list may be sorted using ASCII for binutils-2.22, could you tell me the nm difference between binutils-2.24 and binutils-2.22 ?