This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: cross-compiling LM32 internal error while linking
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Federico Vaga <federico dot vaga at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jon Beniston <jon at beniston dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:24:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: cross-compiling LM32 internal error while linking
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160205173045 dot GD8955 at pcbe13110 dot cern dot ch> <20160209162558 dot GU9602 at pcbe13110 dot cern dot ch> <56C20E63 dot 3010300 at redhat dot com> <038601d1689e$93ed29d0$bbc77d70$ at beniston dot com> <20160216154831 dot GA32130 at localhost dot localdomain> <20160217215124 dot GD13894 at localhost dot localdomain> <20160226132826 dot GA11938 at localhost dot localdomain> <01fc01d1709a$022b1f30$06815d90$ at beniston dot com> <20160226133839 dot GB2400 at localhost dot localdomain> <56D0867D dot 4050907 at redhat dot com> <20160226173925 dot GA6540 at localhost dot localdomain>
>> True - although it is hard to see how this option should be influencing the creation
>> of LM32 binary files. Unless ... if you have a shared libbfd installed and that is
>> being used in preference to the bfd library from the 2.26 sources, then that might
>> explain the problems....
> I just checked and yes, I have that shared library installed. I can try to
> recompile the toolchain without that library. Do you think it may help?
It is certainly worth a go. At this point we have nothing else to go on...