This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.25 Backport Request of two testsuite related patches
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:43:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: 2.25 Backport Request of two testsuite related patches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56D07FF5 dot 6000506 at foss dot arm dot com>
> On 26 Feb 2016, at 17:40, Jiong Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
> Is it still OK to backport two ld testsuite patches to *2.25* branch?
Thatâs ok for me. I would say I donât really care about superseeded
> Without this two fixes, there will be some noisy when doing testing
> with 2.25 binutils.
> I verified these two patches apply cleanly on 2.25 branch. And as they
> are pure testsuite changes, there is no functional change on toolchain
> commit 62cf91a31e4086abbee7bae5cb1b6d9f5133aaad
> Author: Will Newton <email@example.com>
> Date: Thu Oct 23 18:20:27 2014 +0100
> ld/testsuite/ld-unique: Fix running unique tests on ARM
> The @ character is a comment character on ARM, so use % instead. Also
> use a wider glob for matching ARM targets to make sure the test gets
> 2014-10-30 Will Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * ld-unique/unique.exp: Use a wider glob for matching ARM
> * ld-unique/unique.s: Use % instead of @ in .type directive.
> * ld-unique/unique_shared.s: Likewise.
> commit 603c43995f4ee594b48ab52f1ea8d254b3a46f55
> Author: Jiong Wang <email@example.com>
> Date: Tue Nov 11 16:41:37 2014 +0000
> [PATCH] treate -specs as both cflags & ldflags
> * lib/ld-lib.exp (run_ld_link_exec_tests): Append board_cflags if gcc driver
> used as link tool.
> (run_cc_link_exec_tests): Likewise.