This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/19553: Don't add DT_NEEDED for unmatched symbol
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 05:31:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/19553: Don't add DT_NEEDED for unmatched symbol
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160201231335 dot GA553 at intel dot com> <20160201234316 dot GC17028 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOoTDN53jRAte6aXAjY7e3e661XQKHD3m6m_c8Fj6OFqHQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:50 PM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 03:13:35PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> Don't add DT_NEEDED if a symbol from a library loaded via DT_NEEDED
>>> doesn't match the symbol referenced by regular object.
>>> Any comments?
>> Looks good to me.
> Pushed. Fixed for 2.27 so far.
Backported to 2.26 branch.