This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/19617: Always create dynamic sections for -E/--dynamic-list
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:17:39 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/19617: Always create dynamic sections for -E/--dynamic-list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160217224138 dot GA31323 at intel dot com>
On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 02:41:38PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> In embedded environments, including boot loaders, the non-PIC executable
> needs to export its symbols to modules loaded in the future. We should
> always create dynamic sections for -E/--dynamic-list.
> Any comments?
Sounds reasonable to me.
Australia Development Lab, IBM