This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH ARC] Change default mach
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 10:06:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH ARC] Change default mach
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EB86EB452ADE4B44B294F7149B8A27770218B3A7 at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
Hi Cupertino Miranda,
> Looking forward for your review.
The patch itself is fine, but you missed one important thing: you did not
run regression tests to see if it introduces any new testsuite failures. If
you had you would have noticed that there was a new failure in the binutils
testsuite where it checks "objdump -f". The test file binutils/testsuite/
binutils-all/objdump.exp contains a list of expected architectures and your
patch changed the value for the ARC. Don't worry about it though - I have
included a fix in the patch I checked in.
> Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino.Miranda@synopsys.com>
One other extremely minor point: please could you put *two* spaces between
your name and your email address in changelog entries. IE:
Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino.Miranda@synopsys.com>
> * cpu-arc.c: Changed default archure from bfd_mach_arc_arcv2
> to bfd_mach_arc_arc600
Approved and applied.