This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] support reading DATA members in ILF format DLL import libraries
- From: Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:21:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] support reading DATA members in ILF format DLL import libraries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPJVwBkEgdkaYmr5hp4mQKqiGO0L-vX7cq_=e1TOCLk8AH7WJQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56AF61E2 dot 8050302 at redhat dot com>
[resending due to mail client issues]
On Feb 1, 2016 5:47 AM, "Nick Clifton" <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Nathaniel,
>> The attached patch provides a simple fix.
> Thanks for reporting the problem and providing this patch.
>> I haven't signed FSF paperwork -- not sure whether it's needed for a
>> change this small.
> It is not, and so I have checked the patch in.
>> But I can if needed.
> Well, we would really like it if you did. In fact even better would be if you signed the paperwork and then contributed a patch to add a testcase to check that the patch works... :-)
I am not necessarily opposed, but I've failed to find any public
information on how to do the paperwork thing (except: "ask a
maintainer, they'll tell you"), and also failed to even find a test
suite for this code, so I'm afraid there is some basic hand holding
that may be required here :-)
Nathaniel J. Smith -- https://vorpus.org