This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed] Fix file truncated error from ld when outputting to non-regular file on hppa
- From: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 09:21:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: [committed] Fix file truncated error from ld when outputting to non-regular file on hppa
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <03C96A36-B4D1-4BA7-9056-EA3E9813B7E0 at bell dot net> <20160201050950 dot GB6320 at vapier dot lan>
On 2016-02-01 12:09 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
I don't believe it's a regression. The unwind sort has been done on
hppa for a long time.
On 31 Jan 2016 12:03, John David Anglin wrote:
The attached patch skips the sort operation on hppa when outputting to a non-regular file.
This avoids the file truncation error that occurs in the configure tests of a number of packages.
since it's a regression in 2.26, can you push to the branch too ?
That said, I could push to branch. Helge is keen to get it into Debian
John David Anglin email@example.com