This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2
- From: David Howells <dhowells at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: dhowells at redhat dot com, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 11:58:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOoZ7PL28NfHoR4azfwQgixg+7y7ykcOg24pvBEiLc6kuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20428 dot 1420542531 at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk> <25281 dot 1454021771 at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk>
H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> I don't mind stopping updating bfd/version.h as long as "ld --version"
> displays different versions from linkers of different dates.
Can you at least reduce the daily bumps to only happen if there has been at
least one change since the last daily bump? Ie. if the head commit on any
branch is not itself a daily bump.