This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, David Howells <dhowells at redhat dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:47:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20428 dot 1420542531 at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk> <25281 dot 1454021771 at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOoZ7PL28NfHoR4azfwQgixg+7y7ykcOg24pvBEiLc6kuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160128231538 dot GF14840 at vapier dot lan> <CAMe9rOqNC4F7VuCMRMsjWEmafnbU82tmvd1ehc7pLnRzLbBshg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87d1skacrs dot fsf at igel dot home> <20160129114033 dot GC23479 at adacore dot com> <878u38a6gx dot fsf at igel dot home> <20160129133729 dot GA3955 at adacore dot com>
Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> GDB release tags have been both annotated and signed ever since
> someone (was it you?) asked me about it.
> AFAICT, Binutils release tags are also annotated (but not signed).
Yes, you are right, sorry.
> You'll need to be more precise about what's still not working
> for you. In particular, I don't think the signing makes any difference
> to git-describe.
The problem is actually that there are no useful tags on master, so git
describe doesn't give something useful there.
Andreas Schwab, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."