Re: Commit: Expect extract symbol test to fail for MIPS

Hi Maciej,

  I did some investigation actually as I noticed this new failure a few
weeks ago, and I have a change in progress I haven't yet had time to
complete.  I came to the conclusion in the MIPS case empty `.reginfo',
`.MIPS.options' and `.MIPS.abiflags' sections should simply be discarded
(i.e. preferebly not created in output in the first place and ignored if
seen) as they are meaningless anyway.  Otherwise we end up with broken ELF
files we cannot handle anymore, not even `objcopy' them to fix that.

OK - this makes sense.  I do not know enough about the MIPS ABI to make this kind of change myself, but I am happy if you are happy.

   Instead I am applying the patch below (mainline and 2.26 branch) to
   mark the extract symbols test as an expected failure for the MIPS
   target.

  So obviously I'll now have to revert this change along the proper fix.

Yes please. :-)