This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Use elfcore_write_linux_prstatus in gdb
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:02:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: Use elfcore_write_linux_prstatus in gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160121092855 dot GJ17028 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <56A0CE51 dot 1090709 at redhat dot com> <56A0D901 dot 7010709 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqBr_AO5NVBTAe93kJi-FqKrhJnYZBZQjtNWsdDU85YMw at mail dot gmail dot com> <56A0E594 dot 2080303 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOoYJcX6WODb-e8jLPOzK6hE7KhYcPyuV91SjWe1A-8y=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <56A0EA83 dot 3040403 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqLfR1nxRx61xyEMpNjoGWZRE7LWSEtKii=aW8Nbh_gaQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 01/21/2016 03:59 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I've updated the branch to install the stop-gap on x32 as well, which
>> really ends up calling the same function we call today.
>> Please give it a try.
> It works.
Thanks. As this risks breaking core dumping for many architectures,
I think we should hold on moving forward with it until after
gdb 7.11 branches.