This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: PING: RE: [PATCH ARC] PIC and TLS support
- From: Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, Francois Bedard <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>, "Andrew Burgess (andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com)" <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 15:37:38 +0000
- Subject: RE: PING: RE: [PATCH ARC] PIC and TLS support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EB86EB452ADE4B44B294F7149B8A277702189BB1 at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com> <569E5695 dot 4030107 at redhat dot com>
Thanks for the quick reply. ;-)
Much appreciated for the fixes.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Nick Clifton [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:30 PM
> To: Cupertino Miranda; email@example.com
> Cc: Claudiu Zissulescu; Francois Bedard; Andrew Burgess
> Subject: Re: PING: RE: [PATCH ARC] PIC and TLS support
> Hi Cupertino,
> Feedback on this patch would be greatly appreciated.
> Sorry about the delay in reviewing the patch.
> The patch itself is OK, and I have checked it in - although I think that I messed
> up the names in the changelog entries. If so please let me know and I will fix
> There were two problems exposed by the patch:
> * arc_elf_copy_private_bfd_data was not calling
> _bfd_elf_copy_private_bfd_data to perform the generic parts of the ELF
> header copying operation. (This resulted in an unexpected failure in the
> binutils testsuite).
> * You had not updated readelf to recognise the new flag bits in the ELF
> e_flags header field.
> I fixed both of these problems as part of the commit.