This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PING: RE: [PATCH ARC] PIC and TLS support
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, Francois Bedard <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>, "Andrew Burgess (andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com)" <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 15:30:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: PING: RE: [PATCH ARC] PIC and TLS support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EB86EB452ADE4B44B294F7149B8A277702189BB1 at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
Feedback on this patch would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry about the delay in reviewing the patch.
The patch itself is OK, and I have checked it in - although I think that I messed up the names in the changelog entries. If so please let me know and I will fix them.
There were two problems exposed by the patch:
* arc_elf_copy_private_bfd_data was not calling _bfd_elf_copy_private_bfd_data to perform the generic parts of the ELF header copying operation. (This resulted in an unexpected failure in the binutils testsuite).
* You had not updated readelf to recognise the new flag bits in the ELF e_flags header field.
I fixed both of these problems as part of the commit.